VISITING ARTISTS AND CRAFTSPEOPLE offer occasional workshops at The Makers Shed throughout the year, all for 2 to 10 people. Bring a friend and learn new skills in a variety of art and craft techniques!
NEXT WORKSHOP: Sunday September 22
A Colourful Landscape – painting abstract landscapes with acrylic paint using mixed media, facilitated by Danish-born, New England-based artist Marianne la Cour. Marianne’s exhibition LANDLIV (‘rural life’ in Danish) is showing at The Makers Shed from August 31 to November 27, 2019.
Book: By submitting the booking form below.
What to bring: 1-2 medium-sized, square or rectangular canvases; a selection of different brushes, from medium to large. Containers for water (strong enough to hold your brushes) plus some with lids for your mixed paint; whatever acrylic paints you have, but as a minimum bring black, white, yellow, red and blue; and a 3B lead pencil or higher (or whatever you have). For inspiration bring one photo or several (on your phone or magazine clippings), perhaps an image of a landscape or an image of a colour combination you like; and any paper, fabric or found objects you’d like to incorporate into your painting; old rags; a notebook (A3 if you have it); an easel if you prefer to paint using one; your lunch (or buy it in town), and an apron or old clothes.
OCTOBER WORKSHOP: Sunday October 6
Linoprint for Beginners – with Nadia Kliendanze of Urban Palette Studio. Learn lino block printing techniques that you can take home and use in your kitchen. This printmaking workshop is suitable for printmakers starting out and those without any experience at all. Nadia has a Masters in Printmaking from Monash Uni and she will guide you every step of the way.
Cost: $150 (includes linoprint kit worth $75)
Book: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring: Nadia will advise when you book
- TIME: Full-day workshops start at 10am SHARP and run until around 4pm. Half-day workshops run from 10am to 1pm or 1pm to 4pm.
- NUMBERS: Workshops run with a STRICT minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 10. Bring one friend or more!
- LOCATION: Workshops take place at The Makers Shed, 123 Grey Street, Glen Innes, in the NSW New England region.
- BOOKING: Please fill out and submit the online booking form (below). We will send you an online payment request. Your booking will be confirmed by email when you’ve paid in full via online bank transfer. EFTPOS payments can also be made at the studio prior to your workshop.
- CANCELLATIONS: We understand that things sometimes need to change, but workshop cancellations are non-refundable. Instead, participants who have booked and paid may alter the date of their booking by mutual agreement (see our terms and conditions).
- LUNCH: For all-day workshops, a break will be scheduled at an appropriate time during the middle of the day. Glen Innes has plenty of great spots for you to grab your lunch, or bring your own and picnic in our sunny yard!
Before booking, please read our simple terms and conditions.
BOOK FOR AN UPCOMING WORKSHOP AT THE MAKERS SHED (for Linoprint for beginners on October 6, do not submit this form… please email email@example.com directly).