VISITING ARTISTS AND CRAFTSPEOPLE offer occasional workshops at The Makers Shed throughout the year, all for 2 to 10 people. Bring a friend and learn new skills in a variety of art and craft techniques!
PAINT WITH ABANDON
Abstract Expressionism techniques using acrylic paints, facilitated by KATE OWEN
Kate is autumn feature artist at The Makers Shed and is hosting this workshop on Saturday May 25, 10am-4pm.
What to bring: One canvas (size of your choice), cotton 380gsm stretched with a 3.5cm deep side (bring un-stretched canvas if it’s easier for travelling and just lay it on the floor); an A3 spiral sketchbook; an A3 pad of acrylic paper approximately 185gsm; brushes (your favourites, try to bring a selection of different sizes from medium to large); a few jars or containers for water (large enough to hold your brushes); a few old rags; acrylic paints (a selection of your favourite colours, just choose a palette of 6-8 colours); lead pencils 4B or more (or graphite sticks); oil sticks or oil pastels if you have them (don’t worry if not, Kate will bring some); a couple of large bulldog clips; printed pictures of photos you have taken (of strong landscape forms/nature shots that appeal to you) or magazine tear-outs of interiors that you like. Kate finds styled bedlinen shots useful for colour combinations.
What to wear: Apron; shoes that you don’t mind getting paint on, and old clothes.
Cost: $125 per person.
How to book: Please use the form below. We will respond to your application ASAP.
- TIME: Full-day workshops start at 10am SHARP and run until around 4pm. Half-day workshops run from 10am to 1pm or 1pm to 4pm.
- NUMBERS: Workshops run with a STRICT minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 10. Bring one friend or more!
- LOCATION: Workshops take place at The Makers Shed, 123 Grey Street, Glen Innes, in the NSW New England region.
- BOOKING: Please fill out and submit the online booking form (below). We will send you an online payment request. Your booking will be confirmed by email when you’ve paid in full via online bank transfer. EFTPOS payments can also be made at the studio prior to your workshop.
- CANCELLATIONS: We understand that things sometimes need to change, but workshop cancellations are non-refundable. Instead, participants who have booked and paid may alter the date of their booking by mutual agreement (see our terms and conditions).
- LUNCH: For all-day workshops, a break will be scheduled at an appropriate time during the middle of the day. Glen Innes has plenty of great spots for you to grab your lunch.
Before booking, please read our simple terms and conditions.
BOOK FOR AN UPCOMING WORKSHOP AT THE MAKERS SHED