FROM October 25 to December 1, 2019, the Glen Innes region will host a celebration of all things literary during the High Country Writers Festival.
Headlined by bestselling Australian author Mary Moody, with featured events at The Makers Shed, 123 Grey Street Glen Innes, and Waterloo Station (situated between Glen Innes and Inverell) this event showcases storytelling in many forms, with author talks and workshops for book lovers and writers.
PREVIEW FESTIVAL PROGRAM: More author talks, workshops and fun events will be added in coming months. Check back for new announcements!
- OCT 25-27: High Country Writers Retreat – re-energise your writing project at Waterloo Station. Early-bird bookings now open!
- NOV 16: Resuscitate Your Manuscript with Michael Burge – 3-hour workshop 1-4pm at The Makers Shed. Book now!
- NOV 30: Writing from the Heart with Mary Moody – 6-hour memoir-writing workshop 10am-4pm at The Makers Shed. Book now!
- NOV 30: Festival Shindig – witness the announcement of the High Country Indie Book Award winner from 4.00pm. Festival Bar by Our Place Wine & Espresso Bar. FREE event at The Makers Shed!
- DEC 1: ‘The Accidental Tour Guide’ Mary Moody in conversation with Michael Burge – 12.30-1.30pm. FREE event at The Makers Shed!
- DEC 1: High Country Handmade Showcase – discover the region’s finest artisans, live music and gourmet eats, 10am-4pm. FREE event at The Makers Shed!
The Makers Shed festival bookshop is open Wednesdays to Saturdays (and Sunday December 1) from 10am-4pm for book bargains and all festival information.
Independent authors, illustrators, booksellers, publishers and publishing service providers are encouraged to attend the festival with their work and/or services for sale; or participate by organising satellite events across the region. Please head to our contact page, and get in touch!