FROM FRIDAY OCTOBER 25 to Sunday October 27, 2019 The Makers Shed will relocate to Waterloo Station in the NSW New England region of Glen Innes for a two-day writers retreat in partnership with Boorama, a New England-based business strategy specialist.
Tailored for writers with full or partial manuscripts in the pipeline, this immersive residential experience is for wordsmiths seeking to get match-fit for traditional and independent publishing pathways (and the marketing processes that go hand-in-hand), and writing time.
Located at Waterloo’s iconic Shearer’s Lodgings the High Country Writers Retreat offers classic country accommodation with a touch of luxury. Get away for two nights (or three if you really want to escape) and enjoy the tranquil setting with easy walks. All meals will be prepared by an on-site chef in an inspiring rural setting with plenty of heritage and evocative views!
Set in a stunning New England valley just 18 kilometres west of Glen Innes and 50 kilometres east of Inverell, historic Waterloo Station is the perfect location to reboot your writing project and get up-to-speed with your publishing journey, all under skilled supervision. Group and individual mentoring sessions will be balanced with social and solo time.
- Workshops – intensive sessions on re-invigorating tired manuscripts, independent publishing, social media/online marketing, and creative business approaches for writers
- Writing Time – Waterloo Station has many picturesque pathways… pick one (or more) and let your writer’s heart be inspired. Select a third night’s accommodation to extend your escape in this rural heartland!
- Mentoring – participants will have access to writer, journalist and publisher Michael Burge and writer and business mentor Virginia Eddy for individual sessions. Both are New England residents with long family connections in the district as well as national and international experience in their fields.
- Meals & Accommodation – on-site chef Richard Moon will prepare all meals and morning/afternoon teas (including dietary requirements). Every room in The Shearer’s Lodgings has been lovingly renovated into quiet, climate-controlled quarters with ensuite facilities and linen.
- Bookshop – discover the work of other independent authors, illustrators and publishers.
DAY ONE Friday October 25: Participants arrive from 4pm. Location orientation; optional bushwalk, welcome dinner.
DAY TWO Saturday October 26: 90-min intensive Manuscript and Publishing sessions; writing time; one-on-one mentoring; optional bushwalk. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and morning/afternoon tea.
DAY THREE Sunday October 27: 90-min intensive Marketing and Social Media sessions; writing time; one-on-one mentoring; optional bushwalk. Breakfast, lunch and morning/afternoon tea. Retreat formally concludes at 4pm.
DAY FOUR Monday October 28: Optional extra self-catered writing time until 12pm checkout.
EARLY BIRD BOOKINGS OPEN!!! Book and pay before August 15, 2019 for discounted rates!
Submit the booking form (below) after reading our terms and conditions. You’ll be sent an online banking payment request via email.