IMPROVE THE SOCIAL media platform of your creative business; learn how to package and platform items for sale in your simple online shop; or get across the secrets of marketing like a pro… arts worker and journalist Michael Burge offers multiple workshop options at The Makers Shed for 3 to 10 people.
If you’d like Michael to come to your venue with one of his workshops, please get in touch via the contact page.
WORKSHOP 1: Get Social Media Savvy
Is everyone telling you to get on social media or you’ll miss out on everything? This workshop is for those wanting to get up-to-speed on Facebook page and Instagram basics for small businesses, groups, and more!
- Kickoff: setting up and managing a Facebook page
- Network: the key differences between Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Content: editing regular content and keeping followers engaged
- Security: getting your head around copyright and defamation risks
- Feedback: moderating comments, particularly complaints
WORKSHOP 2: Managing a Simple Online Shop
Are you losing customers because they want to buy your products online but you haven’t taken the plunge yet? This workshop is for those wanting to create an easy and affordable online shop to direct buyers to.
- Listing: generating effective sales copy for your products
- Photos: creating better images of your products
- Traffic: directing online customers to ‘queue’
- Payment: managing transfers and transactions
- Despatch: handling packaging and postage
WORKSHOP 3: Marketing & Media Secrets & Tips
Want to get more people along to your events and reach wider audiences? This workshop is for those wanting to create a marketing campaign by developing an engaging brand for their venture and managing it like a pro.
- Action: branding your operation to generate responses
- Audience: reaching people beyond your current customers/members
- Visibility: distributing your content to maximise exposure
- Mantras: mission statements that marketeers swear by
- Pivot: altering your current trajectory to create impact
BOOK AN UPCOMING WORKSHOP OR REQUEST A DATE OF YOUR OWN
Please use the email form below, we will respond to your application ASAP.
- WHEN: Workshops can be booked from Wednesdays to Saturdays, please nominate two preferred dates and we will contact you to let you know which is available
- TIME: Workshops run from 10am to 1pm or 1pm to 4pm
- NUMBERS: Workshops run with a STRICT minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 10
- LOCATION: Workshops take place at The Makers Shed, 123 Grey Street, Glen Innes, in the NSW New England region
- COST: Workshops start at just $25 per person. Your booking will be confirmed by email when you’ve paid in full via online bank transfer. EFTPOS payments can also be made at The Makers Shed prior to your workshop
- CANCELLATIONS: We understand that things sometimes need to change, but workshop cancellations are non-refundable. Instead, participants who have booked and paid may alter the date of their booking by mutual agreement (see our terms and conditions)
Before booking, please read our simple terms and conditions.