HERE AT THE Makers Shed, we love books and wordsmithing in all its forms.
Our small bookshop stocks the work of independently-published authors from across the world, including the books of New England-based author and journalist Michael Burge; Australian historical novelist Kim Kelly; UK-based writer Patsy Trench, and Australian author Euan Mitchell.
An independently-published book is a title published by a small press or an individual, without the support of a massive corporation. The Makers Shed offers a fantastic list of indie authors for your reading pleasure (and we’re always seeking more).
Visit The Shed to find out more about:-
- High Country Book Club – read, meet and discuss featured titles on the 3rd Saturday of every month at The Makers Shed.
- High Country Writers Retreat – October 25-27, 2019 at Waterloo Station, Glen Innes. Bookings open now!
- High Country Writers Festival – November 30 and December 1, 2019 at The Makers Shed. FULL PROGRAM RELEASED SOON!
- High Country Indie Book Award – read, vote and reward publishing excellence!
- Publishing Services and Writing Workshops – take a one-day or half-day class at The Makers Shed, and access low-cost book design, layout and marketing tools.