THE MAKERS SHED hosts a bookshop with several distinct differences to any bookshop you’ve ever been to!
We stock the work of different independently-published authors throughout the year, including the books of New England-based author and journalist Michael Burge.
What is an independently-published book?
Newsflash! Not every great story gets to you via a major publishing house!
An independently-published book is a title published by a small press, or an individual, without the support of a massive corporation behind it. There are great indie books out there, and The Makers Shed is stocking a fantastic list of indie authors for your reading pleasure (and we’re always seeking more).
Visit The Shed to find out more about:-
- High Country Book Club – read, meet and discuss featured titles
- Writing Workshops – take a 1-day or half-day class
- Independent Authors – get your books stocked in our shop
- Author Events – meet writers at our High Country Handmade Showcase
- High Country Indie Book Award – read, vote and reward publishing excellence!