CREATE A UNIQUE piece of jewellery while learning the basics of design, piercing, forging, fold-forming and bezel-setting stones under skilled supervision.
Or join one of our creative workshops to learn a new skill!
Sunday April 2: Deepwater Art Show, copper fold-forming experience. Book now
Sunday April 2: Time is a traveller, poetry workshop. Book now
Monday April 3: Deepwater Art Show, copper fold-forming experience. Book now
Thursday April 13: Full-day silversmithing experience. Book now
Saturday April 22: Random Weave Basketry. Book now
Saturday April 22: Make a ‘Bangalow Box’ basket. Book now
Sunday April 30: NERAM copper fold-forming experience. Book now
Saturday May 13: Full-day silversmithing experience. Book now
Full-day sterling-silver experience
Get across the entire silversmithing process with resident silversmith Richard Moon as your guide, from designing your piece through to cutting, soldering, heating, cold-connecting, fold-forming, bezel-setting and polishing. The cost includes enough sterling silver for one ring, pendant, brooch or pair of earrings; and a limited selection of raw materials and stones: vintage linoleum, copper, leather, moonstones, freshwater pearls, etc. Design and make something special!
Half-day copper fold-forming experience
Start your metalworking journey using copper and learning how to fold-form this vibrant material into a pendant, a pair of earrings or a cuff. The cost includes enough copper for one pendant, cuff or pair of earrings; sterling-silver hooks for your earrings; sterling-silver loops and a fine leather necklet for your pendant; and a freshwater pearl if you’d like to add one!
Half-day cabochon bezel-setting class
This is the workshop for those with a cabochon stone (flat-backed, not faceted) which they’d like to learn how to set into a simple sterling-silver pendant. Richard will assist you to design your piece then guide you through the cutting and soldering processes before he shows you how to set your stone. The cost includes enough sterling and fine silver for one pendant. (NOTE: working with your stone can pose a risk to it, particularly if it’s set into an existing piece of jewellery. Check our terms and conditions for full details).
- TIME: Full-day workshops start at 10am SHARP and run until around 4pm. Half-day workshops run from 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm.
- NUMBERS: Silversmithing workshops run with a STRICT maximum of 6 participants ages 15+. Other workshops have a maximum of 10.
- DESIGN: Got a precious stone or memento you’d like set into your piece? Bring it along, and your design ideas!
- LOCATION: Workshops take place at The Makers Shed, 123 Grey Street, Glen Innes, in the NSW New England region.
- COST: Full-day silversmithing experience workshops are $280 + booking fee and include enough sterling-silver to make your piece. Half-day workshops are $190 + booking fee and include enough copper or sterling-silver to make your piece. Your booking will be confirmed by email when you’ve booked via the online booking portals at the top of this page.
- CANCELLATIONS: We understand that things sometimes need to change, but workshop cancellations are non-refundable. Instead, participants may transfer their place/s to others by mutual agreement with The Makers Shed (see our terms and conditions).
- WEAR: Robust workshop-style clothing that covers your arms and legs, and closed shoes (no stilettos or tutus). Bring your own apron if you’d like to protect your clothing. You’ll be provided with protective eyewear, ear muffs and face masks when required as part of the silversmithing process.
- LUNCH: A break will be scheduled at an appropriate time during the middle of the day. Glen Innes has plenty of great spots for you to grab your lunch, or bring a picnic and sit in our grassy, sunny yard.
- GIFT VOUCHERS: If you’re redeeming a voucher, or you’d like to purchase one, please send us a message via the contact form.
Before booking, please read our simple terms and conditions.