Please scroll to the section that’s relevant to you: workshops, book club, book award, etc.
THE MAKERS SHED WORKSHOPS
- The Makers Shed workshops are facilitated by Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware, Michael Burge Media, and/or visiting facilitators, at 123 Grey Street, Glen Innes, a well-maintained and safe work environment that has been risk-assessed for a small number of workshop participants.
- Silversmithing workshops run with a maximum of six participants.
- Wordsmithing workshops run with a minimum of three and a maximum of ten participants.
- Art/craft workshops run with a maximum of six participants.
- Some workshops have a different limit on participant numbers.
- Other participants may join the same workshop you have booked.
- Silversmithing workshop participants are required to wear suitable workshop-style clothing covering the arms and legs, and closed shoes. They should bring their own apron if they’d like to protect their clothing. Protective eyewear, ear muffs and face masks will be provided when required in workshop processes.
- Silversmithing workshop participants will be guided and participate in the design, cutting, piercing and forging processes of hand-making their own new jewellery pieces.
- Silversmithing workshop participants will also be guided in the use of heat soldering, mild ‘pickling’ acid, and polishing, and may participate in those processes if confident and under close supervision.
- Silversmithing workshop participants are required to attend a 10-minute studio safety orientation at the commencement of their workshop, noting exits and correct use of equipment as demonstrated.
- Art and Craft workshop participants should wear closed shoes and clothing they don’t mind getting paint or other materials on, and bring their own apron.
- All workshop participants are required to observe all safety instructions given during every workshop.
- NOTE: DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THIS INCLUDES MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCING, HAND-WASHING AND SANITISING, AND NOT COMING TO WORKSHOPS WITH FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS
- Workshop bookings are confirmed only upon receipt of payment in full as requested in the booking email. Bookings not paid for by the payment deadline will be voided and the date/workshop places offered to other participants. Confirmed bookings are non-refundable. If participants need to cancel they may select another date to attend their workshop, or assign their workshop places to other participants.
- If Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware or Michael Burge Media need to cancel a booked and pre-paid workshop, a full refund will be given to participants who are not in the position to select another date.
- Those booking and paying for workshops run by visiting facilitators, or those paying for workshops booked by a third party, need to check the terms and conditions of those businesses. Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware and Michael Burge Media will not be liable for refunding cancelled workshops and events or third-party booking systems.
- Raw materials included in each silversmithing workshop are: enough sterling-silver or copper to make one piece of jewellery (e.g. one pair of earrings, one pendant, one ring, etc.).
- Silversmithing workshop participants are encouraged to bring gemstones and other materials they’d like included in their piece. NOTE: Working with gemstones can be unpredictable, particularly when they are removed from existing settings. The use of and security of participants’ gemstones is that participant’s responsibility and Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware accepts no liability for damage and/or loss.
- Other raw materials offered free of charge at silversmithing workshops are at the discretion of Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware and may include: leather for necklets and bracelets, repurposed leather, vintage linoleum, copper, moonstones etc.
- The addition of gold to your workshop piece (e.g. for wedding bands) is possible with enough lead time and participants will be required to pay extra costs up-front for the raw materials.
HIGH COUNTRY BOOK CLUB
- The High Country Book Club is open to everyone to join and attend. Simply contact organiser Michael Burge using the online form here. Members can be from anywhere in the world, although those who do not attend meetings must join the club’s Facebook group in order to participate.
- Membership is free. Authors of selected books are welcome to join.
- The book club will read a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles. All books will be independently-published titles of the highest standard, published by the author or by an independent press.
- Titles will be available to buy from The Makers Shed.
- Titles will be finalists in the High Country Indie Book Award, the winner of which will be voted on by High Country Book Club members, announced at the annual High County Writers Festival.
- Members who attend The Makers Shed at 123 Grey Street Glen Innes for the meeting at which the winning title is voted on are eligible to participate in the voting process for the High Country Indie Book Award, after all finalist titles are read by the group. It’s a simple first-past-the-post vote on the single best title according to the majority of members.
- Members are expected to be respectful to other members, including authors, at all times. Opinions about books are expected, but must be respected. Bullying, harassment or offensive behaviour (either at meetings or on the club Facebook group) will result in the member being asked to leave the club and getting banned from club social media. No negotiation will be entered into.
HIGH COUNTRY WRITERS GROUP
- The High Country Writers Group is open to writers of all genres to attend. Simply contact organiser Michael Burge using the online form here.
- Membership is free. Published and unpublished authors are welcome to join.
- Members are expected to be respectful to other members at all times. Opinions about writing and publishing are expected, but must be respected. Bullying, harassment or offensive behaviour (either at meetings or on social media) will result in the member being asked to leave the group and getting banned from social media. No negotiation will be entered into.
PURCHASING HANDMADE PRODUCTS
- Products sold by Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware and Michael Burge Media are handmade and original as described.
- Many pieces are made from recycled and/or re-used or re-purposed materials and therefore include products (such as vintage linoleum) which have wear and tear and an aged patina. These imperfections are part of each creator’s design process.
- Posted items will always be trackable with signature-on-delivery and insurance to the retail value of the item.
- Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware can reset stones from existing pieces, but cannot guarantee the safe removal of stones from older settings.
- Many stones, such as moonstone and opal, are quite fragile, and while every care is taken in the process, their removal from an existing setting can result in unforeseen breakage. If booking stone resetting work, we will remind you of this risk at the time of quoting. The completion of the work will be entirely at the customer’s risk.
- Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware and Michael Burge Media products (and those sold on behalf of other artisans) are guaranteed against defective materials and workmanship and will be refunded only if the product is faulty.
- Please email within three (3) days of receiving product if you are seeking a refund.
- Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware and Michael Burge Media do not accept responsibility for misuse, accidental, normal wear and tear or products not being cared for correctly by the consumer on any of their products.
- Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware and Michael Burge Media products are handmade and/or original, and as such are reasonably fragile.
- Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware will not refund if an incorrect size (e.g. ring measurement) has been ordered.
- No refunds will be given for colours not matching their intended purpose. Some colours may appear lighter or darker on the website or email photos due to individual computer software and photography.
- Products being refunded must be returned within seven (7) days in the same condition as they were received i.e. unused and undamaged.
- Postage and handling costs are not refundable and defective item/s must be returned to Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware or Michael Burge Media within seven (7) days. Items must be returned via trackable post (i.e. a valid tracking number or registered post) and insured for their retail value. Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware and Michael Burge Media will not be held responsible for items lost in post or in transit if not returned via traceable and/or express post with insurance.
CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MEASUREMENTS
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the measurement of their ring finger is correct as per explanation of such on order.
- Richard Moon Wearable Silver & Silverware will not be held responsible for an incorrect measurement, and recommends all ring clients attend their local jeweller to have their ring measurement identified prior to placing an order.
Without infringing on your statutory rights.